Thursday was a full day, but we managed to squeeze in a little craft project at the end of the day. But first, we went to see those new little twins.   I’m sorry to say that I did not take my camera. We weren’t going to go because they had other company, but then my SIL let us know the company had left…so I threw the boys through a shower and headed out…no camera in tow. Mom got some pics so maybe soon I can get some from her.

We got home about 8:30, but I decided to go ahead with the project. All had naps and had been in good moods, so I figured it would be okay. I was right this time, thank goodness. They did an awesome job working on this and with very little mess.

Here is the set-up:

Working on the layers of “ingredients”:

We used dry black beans, pinto beans and a mixed bean soup, brown rice and split peas. My only suggestion would be to skip the mixed ones. It doesn’t make for a very nice layer, since it makes it look like some layers got mixed up. I was also afraid the rice would fall down into other layers, but it seemed to stay pretty well.

Here are each of the boys with their completed project:

And, yes, Joshua did his own. I basically just told him when to pick a new “ingredient”. I think they will make great fall decorations. They are on the dining room table right now.

Check back in a day or so to hear about Applesauce and a Produce Auction….

Advertisements